EN-M7 : General Contractor ( Exam 2 )
Résumé de Quiz
$s de $s de $s de $s de $s de $s de $s de $s de $s de $s de $s de $s de $s de $s de $s de $s de $s de $s de $s de $s de $s de $s de $s de $s de $s de $s de $s de $s de $s de $s de $s de $s de $s de $s de $s de $s de $s de $s de $s de $s de $s de $s de $s de $s de $s de $s de $s de $s de $s de $s de $s de $s de $s de $s de $s de $s de $s de $s de $s de $s de $s de $s de $s
Vous avez déjà complété le quiz avant. Par conséquent, vous ne pouvez pas recommencer.
Quiz est chargé…
Vous devez vous connecter ou vous inscrire pour démarrer le .
Vous devez d’abord complété le suivant :
$s de $s$s répondu correctement
Votre temps & #160;:
Vous avez atteint$s de$s point(s), ($s)
Point(s) gagné(s):$s de$s, ($s)
$s essai (s) en attente (point(s) possible(s):$s)
2.1 According to the Quebec Construction Code, which statements are valid related to steel beams in the construction of a multiple-unit building?
- The spans for steel beams used in a dwelling take in consideration that yield strength can’t exceed 350 MPa.
- Exterior steel floor beams must be shop primed.
- The steel beams of a dwelling shall have inferior requirements than grade 350 W steel contained in CAN/CSA-G40.21 “Structural Quality Steel” standard.
2.2 According to the Quebec construction Code, what are the principles related to concrete slabs?
- The finished surface of a concrete floor slab doesn’t have to be troweled, if it is planned to be covered with a topping course.
- The concrete slabs must be at least 95 mm thick including the topping course.
- It is possible to add dry cement on a concrete slab to absorb a surplus water.
- Concrete used for a floor slab must have a compressive strength of at least 20 MPa.
2.3 According to the Quebec Construction Code and the building described below, which statements are true concerning mezzanines?We have a 2-storey commercial building in which there is, on the second storey, a 500 m2 total floor surface, from which 350 m2 without partitions and above this area, there is a mezzanine of 100 m2 non-divided by partitions.
- The mezzanine will be considered as a floor
- The mezzanine will not be considered as a floor
- The floor of the mezzanine must always be constructed in conformance with fire separation requirements.
- It is not mandatory for the mezzanine to end with a vertical fire separation.
- The mezzanine located on the second storey of a commercial office must support a minimum load of 2.4 KPa.
2.4 According to the Quebec Construction Code, which statements are valid regarding the installation of a wood built-up beam?
- A built-up beam must never have a joint.
- A built-up beam may have several joints on the same beam.
- A built-up beam can’t have more than one joint per piece in each span.
2.5 According to the Quebec Construction Code, among the following statements, which are valid regarding high buildings?
- A residential condominium tower of more than 20 m high is considered a high building.
- It is required to plan at least two elevators provided for use by firefighters.
- When a high building is connected to another building, any openings in the firewall constructed between one building and the other should be protected against the passage of smoke by a vestibule.
- Means of venting each floor area to the outdoors shall be provided.
2.6 According to the Quebec Construction Code, among the following statements, which ones are valid regarding fire protection in buildings?
- A fire alarm system must be installed in a licensed beverage establishment with an occupant load of 200 people.
- In a 450 m2 1-storey restaurant, without a basement and facing 2 streets, the building must be protected by sprinklers.
- A smoke detector must be installed in each sleeping room of a health care facility and when they are triggered, they must transmit an audible signal only.
- In a 6-storey health care facility with elevators, those elevators must be equipped with an automatic recall feature to another level when a smoke detector is actuated even if the floor surface is entirely protected by sprinklers.
2.7 According to the Quebec Construction Code, among the following statements which ones are valid regarding the installation of glass blocks?
- Glass blocks installed to close an opening in a fire separation not more than 1 hour must be reinforced with steel reinforcement in each horizontal joint.
- Glass blocks used as a fire separation feature must be installed according to NFPA 80 standard.
- It is forbidden to use glass blocks as load bearing units in the construction of a chimney.
2.8 According to the Quebec Construction Code, among the following statements which ones are valid regarding masonry walls?
- Mortar joints for concrete bricks must have a thickness of at least 20 mm.
- Steel angle lintels supporting masonry veneer above an opening must have a bearing length of at least 90 mm and be protected from corrosion.
- Masonry veneer walls with a minimum thickness of 75 mm shall be tied to wood framing members with straps not less than 22 mm wide.
- In an exterior masonry veneer wall, a flashing must be installed beneath jointed masonry window sills.
- Flashings can be made of copper, lead or zinc.
2.9 According to the Quebec Construction Code, which statements among the following are valid regarding the installation of steel piles in deep foundations?
- A steel pile filled with concrete in a deep foundation is structural because it transfers the loads to the ground or to the rock.
- Steel piles must be protected against corrosion and can be conform with ASTM A-252 standard.
- Piles used in a deep foundation must be prefabricated and can’t be cast-in-place.
2.10 According to the Quebec Construction Code and to the book “Canadian wood-frame house construction”, which statements among the following are valid regarding footings and foundations?
- Foundations erected on the permafrost shall be calculated by a competent expert in this field to respect the requirements for load resistance.
- Footings shall always rest on compacted granular fill.
- The thickness of the footings must be at least 100 mm.
- The granular fill under the footings shall not contain too much pyritic material, because this soil could expand simply on exposure to air.
- Backfilling on foundation walls must be done after the installation of the ground floor joists and the support for the floor covering in order to allow a lateral support to the walls.
- It is required to avoid using a backfill that could form ice lenses at less than 36 inches from the foundations.
2.11 According to the Quebec Construction Code, which statements among the following are valid regarding the installation of refuse chutes and waste management?
- Shafts containing a refuse chute shall have a degree of fire resistance of not less than 1 hour if they are not protected by a self-latching closure.
- Sprinklers shall be installed at the top of refuse chutes.
- Refuse chutes shall discharge in a room separated from the reminder of the building by a fire separation with a fire resistance rating of not less than 2 hours and can’t contain combustible wastes such as paperboard or paper.
2.12 According to the Construction Quebec Code, when constructing a multiple unit building, what will be the maximum span of a steel beam supporting 2 floors?
The dimension of the beam is W250 X 33. The joists on each side of the beam are 3.5 m long on one side and 2.5 m long on the other side.ExactInexact
2.13 According to the Quebec Building Code, which of the following statements are true regarding the interior finishes of a building for which a non-combustible construction is required?
- A 1 mm-thick wallpaper is accepted as an interior finishing material
- The interior finishes of a ceiling can be made with a material having a flame-spread rating of 150 on any exposed surface.
- Foamed plastics are not accepted as finish materials for walls.
2.14 According to the Quebec Building Code, which of the following statements are true regarding lavatories?
- There must be four (4) lavatories in a room where you find five (5) water closets and three (3) urinals.
- Two circular form wash fountains of 100 cm of circumference can replace (4) lavatories.
- One (1) individual lavatory must be equipped with a faucet that operate automatically.
- If a mirror is provided in a barrier-free washroom, it must be mounted with its bottom edge at more than 1 meter from the floor to be usable by a person in a wheelchair.
2.15 According to the Quebec Building Code, which of the following statements are true regarding fireplaces?
- Steel fireplace liners are not permitted.
- Fire brick liners must be laid with high temperature cement mortar conforming to CAN/CGSB-10.3 standard.
- Joints between a firebrick liner must be aligned with the adjacent backing masonry on which the liner is installed.
- It is not allowed to install fireplaces in a healthcare facility.
2.16 Find all valid statements regarding the safety of the floor space in a high rise building according to the Quebec Building Code.
- It is not necessary to isolate each room with a fire separation in a self-service warehouse if it is equipped with sprinklers.
- In a restaurant with a deep fryer used for more than a domestic usage, it is required to install a ventilation and grease removal system compliant with the NFPA 96 standard.
- Two distinct egress doorways must be planned to leave a roof on which an occupant load of thirty (30) people is expected.
- A fire separation rating of an hour is mandatory between a common hallway and the rest of the floor of a building.
- In a commercial building (group E) not protected by sprinklers, the exit doors must be located at more than 25 meters of distance in a 150 m2 room.
2.17 According to the Quebec Building Code, what are the requirements related to guards?
- Guards are not mandatory for a loading dock.
- The minimum height for a guard is 1070 mm, except otherwise specified.
- An interior staircase of ten (10) risers must be protected by a guard, however the stair landing can be without a handrail or a guard.
- The opening window of a dwelling, located at 1000 mm from the floor, must be protected by a guard-rail if an opening of 100 mm or more is possible, and if the window as per second dimension more than 380 mm.
2.18 According to the Quebec Building Code, which of the foundation backfilling standard is false among the three following statements?ExactInexact
2.19 According to the Quebec Building Code, which of the following statements are true regarding the expected sealing against precipitations?
- If it is proven that the building users’ safety is not threatened, it is not necessary to seal and drain the water out of a building.
- Materials, joints and junctions exposed to precipitations must be sealed to avoid infiltrations, even if a system is expected to drain the water where the exterior.
- It is mandatory for a rainwater drains to be connected to a sewer system.
- Article 22.214.171.124 of National Plumbing Code, division B, foresees measures made for draining, reducing or eliminating precipitation accumulations on sloped or horizontal assemblies, and prevails over provincial or territorial regulations or municipal bylaws.
2.20 According to the Quebec Building Code, which of the following statements are true regarding the evacuation of the bedrooms from a house?
- The window of a bedroom measuring 400 mm wide and 380 mm high is in conformance with the Quebec Building Code standards.
- The sliding window of a basement bedroom, opening on a skylight, for which the clearance is 700 mm in front of the window, is in conformance with the Quebec Construction Code requirements.
- A hopper window installed in a basement bedroom and used as an emergency egress must have a clearance exceeding 760 mm.
- Hopper windows used as emergency egress are not recommended, if the occupants have to climb over the glass.
2.21 According to the Quebec Building Code, which of the following statements are true regarding the construction of exterior stairs and an exterior concrete balcony?
- Exterior concrete stairs with six (6) risers and supported by piers of 200 mm in cross section is in conformance to the Quebec Building Code.
- Exterior concrete stairs are cantilevered to the back-foundation wall. This concrete foundation wall is 150 mm thick, which is in conformance with the Quebec Building Code.
- There are no limitations to the dept of the foundations for the construction of an exterior concrete balcony with 4 risers, on a ground made of rocks. Therefore, the balcony can sit directly on the ground.
- The depth of the foundations for the construction of an exterior concrete balcony can be reduced if prior soil experiences proved the foundation soundness.
2.22 According to the Quebec Building Code, what are the standards related to the carports and garages?
- A garage is a room used to store vehicles, that has a roof and of which 50% of its perimeter is closed by walls and windows.
- It is not always mandatory for the floor of a garage to drain towards a sump.
- The interior finish of a garage must have a flame spread rating exceeding 25.
- It is possible to build a garage on piers if they are 150 mm higher than ground level AND if they project at least 20 mm beyond the base of the posts they are supporting.
2.23 According to the Quebec Building Code, what are the standards related to a barrier-free path of travel for parking areas and exterior driveways?
- A barrier-free path of travel must be provided between all interior parking levels attended by an elevator and the other parts of the building.
- In a 200-parking spaces, four (4) parking spaces must allow to reach the barrier-free path of the served.
- A barrier-free parking space is at least 2400 mm wide, has a side aisle of 1500 mm wide, and is determined by a contrasting marking.
- Barrier-free exterior aisles of more than 30 meters must have 1500 mm x 2000 mm levels.
- A width of 1100 mm and an entry adjacent level are required for exterior aisles.
2.24 According to the Quebec Building Code, which of the following statements are true regarding closures?
- Openings in a fire separation must be protected by closing devices (closures) or shafts.
- The fire protection rating of closures must be determined by the required fire resistance rating for the fire separation.
- The installation of a doorstop is required when a door swing can damage the existing fire separation.
- An opening of 3m x 5m (15 m2) in a fire separation is equipped with a closing device. Adjacent rooms are not equipped with sprinklers but are still in compliance with the Quebec Building Code.
25. Question2.25 According to the Quebec Building Code, which of the following statements are true regarding drainage of surface water?
- The building site shall be graded to so that surface water will not accumulate against the building.
- The drainage of a window well shall be oriented towards the foundation drainage system.
- Surface water drainage must be oriented towards a drinkable water supply.
2.26 According to the Quebec Building Code, which of the following statements are true regarding mortar joints of a building?
- Vertically aligned webs of hollow masonry units shall be laid on a full bed of mortar at all courses of columns.
- Mortar joints thickness must be 10 mm to support clay bricks and concrete elements.
- Head joints, bed joints and weep holes must be filled with mortar.
- A tolerance of +/- 5 mm is permitted for the thickness of head joints and bed joints.
2.27 According to the Quebec Building Code, which of the following statements are true regarding the number of occupants permitted in a room?
- A dwelling in a care center including 3 rooms can have a maximum occupant load of six (6) people.
- The surface per occupant in a school laboratory is 4,60 m2.
- The third floor of a commercial building can allow an occupant load of 1 occupant per surface of 3,70 m2.
- A library is used as a professional training room for a convention. Its occupant capacity will be 3 m2 per occupant.
2.28 Find all the valid statements regarding smoke movement in a high building according to the Quebec Building Code.
- A high building shall be designed to limit the danger from smoke exposure for occupants and firefighters.
- Air moving fans, including exhaust fans for kitchens and bathrooms, that serve more than two (2) storeys shall be designed so that in the event of a fire, these fans can be stopped by means of a manual switch located at the central alarm.
- At least one of the staircases of a high building serving storeys above the lowest exit level shall have a vent to the outdoors.
- Smoke movement caused by a fire in a floor space located below the lowest exit level shall be limited.
2.29 According to the Quebec Building Code, what are the requirements related to exit signs?
- An exit door shall have an exit sign placed over it if it serves a 4-storey building.
- An exit door shall have an exit sign placed over it if it serves an occupant load of 110 people
- Signs shall comply to symbols and dimensions specified in the international ISO 7010 standard.
- The electrical circuit supplying the exit signs (from the interior and the exterior) can supply other safety equipment if it is connected to an emergency power supply.
2.30 According to the Quebec Building Code, which of the depth excavation standard is false amongst the three following ones?ExactInexact
31. Question2.31 According to the Quebec Building Code, which of the following statements are true regarding the aggregates used to make concrete?
- All concretes used shall comply to certification protocol NQ 2621-905 « Ready to use concrete – certification program ».
- Aggregates shall be made of sand, gravel, crushed rock, crushed air-cooled blast furnace slag, expanded shale or expanded clay conforming to CSA A23.1 standard.
- Aggregates shall not contain too big amount of injurious organic or other deleterious materials.
- Concrete can be used without special precautions in cold temperatures.
2.32 According to the Quebec Building Code, what are the standards related to building foundation drainage?
- Foundation walls located below the water table will be subjected to continuous hydrostatic pressure, this is why the drainage is essential and effective.
- Materials subjected to ONGC 37-GP-6Ma and ONGGC 37-GP-18Ma standards shall be used to ensure protection against water and humidity.
- The bottom of every exterior foundation wall shall be drained with 80 mm diameter pipes or with a layer of gravel or crushed rocks.
- A backfill of crushed rocks disposed against the exterior foundation walls shall not contain a too big amount of pyritic material.
2.33 According to the Quebec Building Code, which of the depth excavation standard is false regarding ramps and handrails?ExactInexact
2.34 According to the Quebec Building Code, what are the standards related to barrier-free designs?
- Duplexes and triplexes shall comply to barrier-free designs unlike high risk industrial buildings.
- A barrier-free entry way including tree (3) door openings, from which only one has a free width of 800 mm, is complying to the Quebec Building Code.
- In an assembly building with 422 fixed seats, six (6) places for wheelchairs shall be available.
- A hotel shall have a barrier-free path on each floor and shall adapt each barrier-free bedroom to be accessible, all the way to the balcony.
35. Question2.35 According to the Quebec Building Code, what are the standards related to firewalls?
- A firewall shall not always extend from the ground and pass through all storeys of a building so separated.
- Firewalls separating two buildings of the same height shall be continuous above the roof surface for at least 150 mm.
- Non-combustible piping and ducts shall be installed so that their collapse will not cause collapse of the firewall.
- A firewall separating a building with floor areas serving a group B main usage shall be constructed as fire separation of non-combustible construction having a fire resistance rating not less than two (2) hours.
2.36 According to the Quebec Building Code, which of the following statements is false regarding the protection of Soffits against fire?ExactInexact