EN-M5 : Safety Management ( Exam 1 )
Résumé de Quiz
0 of 59 Questions completed
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
Vous devez d’abord complété le suivant :
0 of 59 Questions answered correctly
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
1. What is the object of the Act respecting industrial accidents and occupational diseases?ExactInexact
2. What is the period during which the employer must reintegrate a worker in his/her position after an accident?ExactInexact
3. When do you have to make your payment for any account statement due to the CNESST?ExactInexact
4. If it is a major construction site (i.e. a site where there are at least 500 workers simultaneously at a particular stage of the work) the transmission of the opening notice has to be done at least:ExactInexact
5. Which of these possibilities is the highest risk?ExactInexact
6. On a construction site, which characteristics, among the following, are characteristics of a covered passage?
- A clear height of 2,1 meters
- Width of the sidewalk
- Has to have a weatherproof roof
- Be lighted when the street is not
7. According to the Act respecting occupational health and safety, who is the principal contractor?ExactInexact
8. Question8. According to the Safety Code for the construction industry, the site committee must include:
- A representative of the general contractor
- A CNESST representative
- A representative for each employer who hires more than 10 workers
- A representative for each Union Association active on the jobsite
- A representative for ASP Construction
9. What is the name of the form that the employer must use to properly declare the accidents to the CNESST?ExactInexact
10. Among the following choices, where does the authority of the CNESST inspectors apply?
- Investigate regarding all matters related to the competency of the CNESST inspectors
- Assure all workers are competency card holders
- Take pictures or recordings
- Be assisted by a person of his/her choice
- Assure the contractor holds the appropriate licence
11. Question11. What are the criteria that determine the delimitation of a jobsite?ExactInexact
12. The CNESST holds a regulation power and it ensures that this regulation is respected in all work locations. According to these rules and regulations in force, which of the following actions is not managed by the CNESST?ExactInexact
13. According to laws and regulations in force, which of the following statement is true?ExactInexact
14. The Bureau d’évaluation médicale (BEM) has the power to adjudicate in different situations. According to the laws and regulations in force, on which elements can they render a decision?
1- The medical report and the consolidation of the lesion
2- The functional limitations
3- The recovery or the stabilisation of the injury and the need for treatments
4- Light work and the back to work dateExactInexact
15. Question15. The CNESST establishes the personalized premium rate for the employers of a big or medium-sized company. To determine this rate for each employer, the CNESST will take in consideration the cost of the injury for this employer for the:ExactInexact
16. According to laws and regulations in force, which of the following situations could not allow a share nor a transfer of the cost imputation for a work accident?ExactInexact
17. Safety boots are used to protect against which dangers?
- Falling of heavy or sharp objects;
- Molten metal
- Frost bites
- Hot or corrosive liquids;
18. Which of the following statements does not allow the CNESST to suspend the payment of compensation to a worker?ExactInexact
19. According to the health and safety Act, identify the responsibilities that are the burden of the employer:1- Supply the adequate work technics to the employees2- Supply an adequate space for the jobsite committee meetings3- Supply the adequate individual protection equipment4- Limit the jobsite access to the authorized personnel5- Inform the worker of the risks related to his/her tradeExactInexact
20. What is the role of the ASP Construction?ExactInexact
21. Question21. What is an employment injury?ExactInexact
22. Which of these statements best describe the conditions allowing to presume if a professional injury occurred or not?ExactInexact
23. Question23. What are the different administrative levels to contest a CNESST decision?ExactInexact
24. If an employer disagrees with the attending physician’s report, he can contest. How is it done?ExactInexact
25. In which delay can an employer present a cost-sharing request to the CNESST, in the case of a worker who had an handicap at the time of the accident?ExactInexact
26. Which of the following statements applies to temporary assignments?
- Work must be conducive to the worker’s rehabilitation
- Only the worker’s physician can authorize a temporary assignment
- The worker is not obligated to accept a temporary assignment, as long as the medical assessment is not confirmed in writing
- It’s the CNESST who authorizes a temporary assignment
27. Which of the following statement is true?ExactInexact
28. Which of the following statements are true, regarding prevention mutual groups?
- The CNESST keeps an individual link with each employer
- The rules and regulations are the same
- The mutual must be composed of employers involved in similar fields
- The experience of the business is different than the experience of the rest of the group
29. An employee gets stung by a bee at work and misses work for a few days. Will it be considered as an employment injury and be compensated by CNESST?ExactInexact
30. According to the law, who is not considered as a worker?ExactInexact
31. What must be included in a prevention program?
- Surveillance measures for quality of work environment, and preventive maintenance measures
- The specific standards of sanitation and safety for the establishment
- The identification of individual protection means and equipment
- Training and information programs regarding occupational safety and health
- The break schedule applicable by regulation
- The identification of the occupational health and safety committee members
32. According to which law or regulation does the CNESST calculate the compensation rate?ExactInexact
33. In which of the following situations, will the worker be compensated by the CNESST?
- The worker gets hurt on a jobsite in Ontario, he/she lives in Quebec and the employer is also located in Quebec
- The worker gets hurt on a jobsite in Quebec, he/she lives in Ontario and the employer is also located in Ontario
- The worker gets hurt on a jobsite in Quebec, he/she lives in Quebec and the employer is also located in Quebec
- The worker gets hurt on a jobsite in Ontario, he/she lives in Quebec and the employer is located in Ontario
34. Your employee uses a vehicle that belongs to the company. After work, on the way home, the employee is involved in an accident.
How will the employee be compensated?ExactInexact
35. On a construction site, a chute for waste materials should always be:
- Enclosed if inclined more than 45 degrees
- Closed at its entrance when not in use
- Have a stop block at its entrance to stop wheelbarrows
- Painted in yellow or other color easily visible
36. On a construction site, when handling loads, you should always…
- Before the hoisting of a load, make sure the slings or moorings are properly attached to the load
- Never allow a worker to stand on a load during the hoisting
- Hooks used for hoisting load shall be equipped with a safety latch
- Guide ropes are useful to stop the swinging of a load
37. Find the logical order:1- Doctor of the employer2- BEM3- Attending physicianExactInexact
38. On a construction site, when does a worker need to wear safety goggles?To protect his eyes against:1- Moving particles;2- Dangerous substances;3- Rays of the sun;4- Light output or intense heat;5- Molten metal;6- To keep a good appearance;ExactInexact
39. In which conditions the employer can’t stop paying the employee for the full 14-day period following the work injury?
- When a strike is declared in the construction industry
- When the worker comes back to work following the consolidation of the employment injury
- When the department/division where the worker was assigned closes entirely
- When the worker does not look very hurt
40. On a construction jobsite, a traffic plan must include:1- The location and dimension of the roadways2- The road signs/signalization3- The number of vehicles accessing the jobsite4- The maximum speeds allowedExactInexact
41. An employer must pay CNESST contributions for each of his/her employees in order for them to receive compensations in case of a work accident.
If the employer omits to pay these contributions, he/she might have to pay:ExactInexact
42. When a worker is victim of a work accident, the employer must register this accident in a registry. Which accidents must be register mandatorily in an employer accident registry without having to notify the CNESST?ExactInexact
43. The employer must forward the employer notification and the medical certificate to the CNESST to be reimbursed. In which delay, must he/she forward this document if the worker is back to work 5 days after the beginning of the disability?ExactInexact
44. Regarding the good practices to respect on a construction jobsite to eliminate the risks of accidents, which statements are true?
- Any hazardous products which may cause fires or explosions must be stored separately
- Floors or shelves onto which a product has been spilled must be cleaned at the end of each day
- Never stored flammable liquid and combustibles contained in safety bottles in a building under construction
- Where a hazardous product is transferred from one container to another, the receptacle used must be safe for use with the product transferred.
45. Which of the following elements are valid concerning the examination of scaffoldings?
- Scaffoldings shall be inspected by a qualified person
- Scaffoldings shall be inspected at least once every month
- Scaffoldings shall be inspected when re-used after any lengthy work interruption.
- Scaffoldings shall be inspected after an earthquake.
46. Which of the following elements are valid concerning hoisting cables for scaffoldings?
- Be shielded from projections of the building
- Be kept in a warm and dry place
- Have a safety factor of 10
- For a fibre cable shall be replaced after maximum 2 years of services
47. What is the scope of the safety code for the construction industry?ExactInexact
48. What are the obligations of an employer on a construction site?
- Ensure that all necessary steps are taken to ensure public safety
- Ensure that any worker on a construction site wears at all times clothing completely covering his torso and back
- Shall encourage competition at work between employees
- Shall provide substance to workers to keep them awake
- Shale ensure that any workers knows the emergency measures to observe in case of fire
49. What is the object of a prevention program on a construction site?ExactInexact
50. Does a principal contractor need to have a written document with an employer working on a construction site on which there is a prevention program, to ensure its compliance?ExactInexact
51. What should be included in the specific health program for an establishment?
- Measures designed to identify the health risks a worker is exposed to, in carrying out his work and measures to ensure the supervision and assessment of the quality of the work environment.
- Pre-employment medical checkups and medical examinations during employment provided by regulation.
- The maintenance of adequate first aid services.
- The creation and up-dating of a part-time worker’s list.
52. What are the functions of sector-based associations?
- Assist in the formation and operation of health and safety committees and job-site committees.
- Prepare and implement training and information programs for health and safety committees and job-site committees.
- Give its opinion on the qualifications required by inspectors.
- Make recommendations relating to occupational health and safety standards and regulations
- Prepare specific prevention guides for the activities of establishments
53. The joint sector-based construction association must be administered by who?ExactInexact
54. What could be the situations causing excavation walls to collapse?ExactInexact
55. On a construction site, do the road signage regulations apply?ExactInexact
56. Before the beginning of an excavation job, what needs to be done first?ExactInexact
57. What are the elements that could cause the walls to collapse?ExactInexact
58. At what height does the shored up trench walls must exceed the excavation?ExactInexact
59. When the walls have a slope inferior to 45 °, the safety is always ensuredExactInexact