RBQ TRAINING (4 H PER CLASS)
Our training is a serious helpful tool for construction contractors, to facilitate access to the R.B.Q. licence. Our spacious modern conference room is easily accessible by an adjacent highway in Laval, where you’ll find free available parking spaces. We offer a unique fast-track training (ONLY 4 H PER CLASS) and even an “intensive session” to accommodate participants from out of town. The training can be completed in two or three days, in French or in English.
To illustrate the type of questions you might find in the R.B.Q. exam, read the following and see for yourself how well you would do:
Example: Financial Management
For certain types of work, you have to apply a billing policy, based on the following data:
- The wages are established at 20,00$/hour.
- The social benefits, the employer contribution before CSST and the multiple taxes on the payroll add up to 5,00$/hour.
- The CSST represents 5,50$ per 100$ of salary.
- The wanted benefits are established at 15%.
What is the hourly rate you would need to ask to your client? (round up to the closest dollar).
- A) 25,00$/hour
- B) 26,00$/hour
- C) 30,00$/hour
- D) 35,00$/hour
Example: Safety Management on construction sites
According to the actual rules and regulations, who is responsible to pay the monetary compensation to an injured worker during the first 14 days of his injury-on-duty leave?
- A) The Commission de la santé et sécurité du travail
- B) The Ministère de l’emploi et de la solidarité sociale
- C) The disability insurance of the worker
- D) The employer
Example: Project Management
From the following activities, which ones are the most appropriate to the construction of a single level bungalow?
1. Request a permit to the municipality
2. Get the plans approved by an engineer
3. Present an invitation to tender at the BDSQ
4. Rent a tower crane
5. Plan for temporary electricity supply
6. Follow the Regulation respecting the guarantee plan for new residential buildings.(L.R.Q. c. B-1.1, r.0.2)
- A) 1, 5 and 6 only
- B) 2, 3 and 4 only
- C) 1, 3, 5 and 6 only
- D) 1 to 6 – All of the above
Example: Technical training (Building code)
Using the plan view given on page 8 of the Work Book 1, knowing that the jambs have a thickness of 140 mm (6 in) and are installed at a center-to-centre spacing of 400 mm (16 in), that the double layer lintels are built from 38 mm X 235 mm (2 in X 10 in) materials with a 38 mm (1½ in) sill on each side, what is the required wood quantity to build up the exterior walls?
- A) 108 pieces, including the doorframe posts and the corner posts, 324 linear feet for sill plates and wall plates, 4 pieces of 3048 mm (10 ft) for the lintels
- B) 91 pieces, including the doorframe posts and the corner posts, 216 linear feet for sill plates and wall plates, 4 pieces of 3048 mm (10 ft) for the lintels
- C) 98 pieces, including the doorframe posts and the corner posts, 324 linear feet for sill plates and wall plates, 5 pieces of 2440 mm (8 ft) for the lintels
- D) 112 pieces, including the doorframe posts and the corner posts, 216 linear feet for sill plates and wall plates, 4 pieces of 3048 mm (10 ft) for the lintels